21 Aug A Level Results – 2015
Highbury Grove Students Celebrate Excellent A Level and Diploma Results
Students and staff at Highbury Grove are celebrating an excellent set of A level results that follows very strong performance in our vocational BTEC and OCR Diplomas.
Overall, we have achieved a pass rate of 98.2% with 77% of A level grades at A*-C and 52% of grades at A*-B. Last year our three-year average placed us in the top 10% of schools for adding value in the Sixth Form on the ALPS system and that is set to continue with these results.
Altogether 31 students gained 700 or more points, equivalent to BBC at A level or D*DD in a Diploma, a significant rise from our success last year. Students are heading for a range of superb university places including several Russell Group places and the University of Chicago in the US.
Some of our success stories include the following:
- Caitlin Hogan who gained A*AAB, and is set to study in Chicago after successfully competing for a Sutton Trust-sponsored place. (See separate Press Release.)
- Mert Aysal who took five A Levels gaining AAABC, studying Medicine at Southampton
- Emad Uddin, A*AB, studying Mathematics at Queen Mary
- Muhammad Abdurrahim who also gained A*AB, applying for Medicine after a gap year.
- Abdi Malik Musa who achieved a full set of As: AAA, studying Medicine at Southampton
- Ismahan Abdisamad: A*BB, studying Diagnostic Radiology at South Bank
- Erni Hoti and Sefa Ilhan who each gained AABB from their four A levels.
- Francesca Gallio: AAB, studying History at Birmingham
- Collins Iwueke, ABB, gaining a place to read Chemistry at UCL
- Elliot Musk-Cooper, ABB, with a place to study History at York
We had superb success in all of our vocational subjects with the following students gaining the maximum Triple Star Distinction:
- Guohong Xu D*D*D* in Art and an A in AS Chinese, studying Product Design at Middlesex
- Mohammed Ahmadzai D*D*D* in IT
- Marlon Caiza-Cadena D*D*D* in Business with a place at the BPP Law School.
We would like to congratulate all of our students and staff for their excellent efforts this year.